- Edamame I still can’t believe this is good for me. Maybe that’s because my association with edamame is going out for sushi with my husband…so it feels like a splurge. (But it’s not!) I like to buy the packages that can be quickly steamed in the microwave, add a little course sea salt, and bon appetite.
- String cheese and a piece of fruit…One of the easiest, go-to snacks I can recommend. Pair a light string cheese with an apple, orange, clementine, nectarine, banana…I’m sure you get the idea. It’s fast. It’s easy. It’s good. And it’s a snack that is your friend.
- Greek Yogurt If you haven’t already discovered Greek yogurt, it’s time to let you in on a little secret! Buy the fat free variety and you have oodles of protein without a lot of calories. The plain flavor cuts down on the sugar, but unfortunately it cuts down on the taste as well. You’ll want to flavor it with a natural sweetener, like Truvia or Stevia, and then add some fruit. If you aren’t as concerned about calories and sugar, you can go with some of the other flavors. Pairing the vanilla Greek yogurt with berries and nuts is my favorite.
- Zone Bars You’ll also recognize these as Product of the Week. Protein bars are a must for good nutrition when you are on the go. I like to keep a box of these in my car so I always have something to grab when I need it. I think the Zone brand is one of the most affordable and delicious choices on the market. There are a lot of varieties to choose from, but the favorites at our house are white chocolate macadamia, chocolate mint, and trail mix. I’m also a big fan of the double dark chocolate when I’m feeling like I need a treat.
- Turkey Cucumber Slices –Cucumber slices, Turkey, Low-fat cheese slices and Chopped tomato. The great part about this snack idea is that it is free from processed and refined carbohydrates. What a great snack to create the health you desire!
Enjoy! Okay, your turn! What are some of your favorite protein-based snacks?